November’s Birthstones are Full of Light!
While Topaz is the traditional birthstone for November, today’s alternate birthstone, CITRINE, is the focus of today’s blog. The official stone of Virgo, It also stands the gift for the 13th wedding anniversary.
Bottom line: Citrine is Quartz. What turns it from lustrous white to shades of yellow is traces of iron impurities. It is one of only a few gemstones that is naturally yellow to gold in color.
Because it is hard (7 on Moh’s scale), it’s a perfectly durable stone to be use in jewelry. Citrine pendants, necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, and brooches adorn the richest to the poorest of wearers.
Citrine is one of the most desired golden gemstones in the marketplace! Not too expensive and beautiful in any array of shapes and adornments.
Easy to clean, just use soap and water and brush off the trail dust and you are back to the beautiful stone as before!
The nice thing about citrine is that it can be found all over the world. The best deposits are found in Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Bolivia, France, Russia, Spain, Scotland, and a host of African countries and the islands surrounding the continents.
This stone come with lots of lore:
- In ancient cultures, if you put a citrine on the forehead of an elder, it would increase his psychic power (Wow, I could use that one!)
- It is called the lucky “Merchant’s Stone. Put a citrine in the drawer of you cash register and look to great growth in riches)
- Known by healers to increase self-esteem, promote positive energy that overpowers someone else’s negativity.
- Especially effective in helping the thyroid, heart, kidney, liver, circulatory and urinary system as well as the immune system.
- Opens your mind to learning new things, and the ability to think clearly.
- Help to relieve depression, anger, self-doubt, and mood swings.
- Generate stability in life and is good for general protection.
- Helps to overcome addiction and remove toxins.
- Help to calm and soothe distress and digestion.
- Helps to calm nightmares and soothes other sleep disturbances.
Of course all of these bits of lore are most effective when the stone is worn next to your skin.
Now with THAT kind of positive press, run right out and buy some citrine. We just “happen” to have some with incredible value and prices!
Just let us know what you would like and we will enthusiastically respond! We can make any kind of jewelry you like.
Special until 31 December 2015. These loose stones generally sell from $10.00 a carat to $25.00 a carat or more.
Your price during this promotion is $5.00 a carat.